Department 2 – Subject Committee Business (Fachbereich 2 – Fachkommission Wirtschaft)
Council of department 3 (Fachbereichsrat 3 – Allgemeine Verwaltung)
Council of department 4 (Fachbereichsrat 4 – Rechtspflege)
Council of department 5 (Fachbereichsrat 5 – Polizei und Sicherheitsmanagement)
Council of the Institute BPS (Institutsrat Berlin Professional School (BPS))
Central Women’s Council (Zentraler Frauenrat)
Women’s Council – Department 1 (Frauenrat – Fachbereich 1)
Women’s Council – Department 2 (Frauenrat – Fachbereich 2)
Women’s Council – Department 3 (Frauenrat – Fachbereich 3)
Women’s Council – Department 4 (Frauenrat – Fachbereich 4)
Women’s Council – Department 5 (Frauenrat – Fachbereich 5)
Women’s Council – BPS (Frauenrat – Fachbereich BPS)
You can only run for committees, support lists for these committees or vote for a committee if you belong to the corresponding group.
For example, a person from Department 1 cannot run for the Council of department 4, a male or non-binary person from Department 3 may not run for the women’s council of Department 3 and a person in a dual computer science degree is not allowed to run for the dual commission (economics).
All enrolled students are allowed to run for the board of trustees, the academic senate and the student parliament. Guest and part-time students are excluded from the election.
Anyone who is not allowed to stand for a committee is not allowed to vote for this committee or support candidacies for this committee.
What does it mean to support a candidacy?
The election regulations stipulate that each candidacy needs at least ten supporters to be admitted. Every candidate in a list is automatically a supporter. If someone stands as an individual candidate, they need nine other people to support this candidacy. If a list of four candidates is submitted, this list needs six additional supporters.
All supporters must be eligible to vote for this committee.
Single or list selection
It doesn’t matter. If you compete individually, you are your own list. This does not make submitting the nomination much easier, as you still have to submit a list of supporters.
The lists with the candidates must be submitted digitally this year. For this purpose, the HWR has set up some rules and a procedure, which will be briefly described here:
Nomination organizer of the List
Each list should designate an nomination organizer. This person will remind everyone of deadlines, organize the nominations and confirmations of all members and send them to the HWR. The nomination organizer is not laid down in the election regulations and can be taken over by several people, but one person is recommended.
Candidates must send the nomination organizer an email confirming which committees they are running for and which lists they agree to. This email must come from the HWR email address. (s_nameYY@stud.hwr-berlin.de) This email must contain the following information:
First and last name
Organisation-Unit (this is Student, Department X)
It is best to use the following template for the email:
Full Name: FAMILY NAME, FIRST NAME
Martrikel-Number: MATRICULATION NUMBER
Organisation-Unit: Student, Department X (Insert your Department Number where X stands)
HWR-Email Address: s_NAMEYY@stud.hwr-berlin.de
I agree to run as candidate on the list "LISTNAME" for the following Committees: (tick the appropriate with x)
- [ ] Kuratorium (Board of Trustees)
- [ ] Akademischer Senat (Academic Senate)
- [ ] Studierendenparlament (Students Parliament)
- [ ] Fachbereichsrat 1 – Wirtschaftswissenschaften (Council of department 1)
- [ ] Fachbereichsrat 2 – Duales Studium Wirtschaft •Technik (Council of department 2)
- [ ] Fachbereich 2 – Duale Kommission (Technik) (Department 2 - Cooperative Committee Technology)
- [ ] Fachbereich 2 – Duale Kommission (Wirtschaft) (Department 2 - Cooperative Committee Business)
- [ ] Fachbereich 2 – Fachkommission Technik (Department 2 - Subject Committee Technology)
- [ ] Fachbereich 2 – Fachkommission Wirtschaft (Department 2 - Subject Committee Business)
- [ ] Fachbereichsrat 3 – Allgemeine Verwaltung (Council of department 3)
- [ ] Fachbereichsrat 4 – Rechtspflege (Council of department 4)
- [ ] Fachbereichsrat 5 – Polizei und Sicherheitsmanagement (Council of department 5)
- [ ] Institutsrat Berlin Professional School (BPS) (Council of the Institute BPS)
- [ ] Zentraler Frauenrat (Central Women's Council)
- [ ] Frauenrat – Fachbereich 1 (Women's Council - Department 1)
- [ ] Frauenrat – Fachbereich 2 (Women's Council - Department 2)
- [ ] Frauenrat – Fachbereich 3 (Women's Council - Department 3)
- [ ] Frauenrat – Fachbereich 4 (Women's Council - Department 4)
- [ ] Frauenrat – Fachbereich 5 (Women's Council - Department 5)
- [ ] Frauenrat – Fachbereich BPS (Women's Council - BPS)
Additionally, I agree that I support all lists, submitted by "LISTNAME" during the Election of 20XX, that I am allowed to support by the electoral rules.
To make it easier for the nomination organizer, it is recommended to use a one email-subject for all candidats (such as approval for candidacy). Send this email to the nomination organizer and their substitutes.
Determine the order
All candidates and supporters must now be compiled in the HWR’s Excel template. This template has several tables, one for each committee. The “Signature” column does not have to be filled out. (The table comes from the times when it had to be printed.)
Make sure that the support and candidatures match the information in the emails. Anyone who is a candidate on a list automatically supports this list, so does not have to be listed a second time in the support list.
Submit to the HWR
In order to submit the nominations, the nomination organizer sends an email to the electoral committee of the HWR. Do not forget about the candidacy of the nomination organizer. This email must contain the following attachments:
The filled out Excel table as an Excel document
The filled out Excel table as a PDF document
The emails of all candidates and supporters as PDF documents
To convert the emails to a PDF, you can simply print them out as a PDF document.